My name is Tuğrulcan (Tuuruljan) Elmas. I'm also known as T.j. and Turin.
Turul is a mythical bird. "Can" means soul. "Elmas" means "Diamond" in Turkish.
My research interests are social media manipulation, analysis of polarization and echo chambers and how social media manipulation plays role on those.
- Recent Work
- A Dataset of State-Censored Tweets (arxiv preprint)
- Misleading Repurposing on Twitter (arxiv preprint)
- Power of Deletions: Ephemeral Astroturfing Attacks on Twitter Trends (arxiv preprint)
- Can Celebrities Burst Your Bubble? (TheWebConf2020 Innovative Ideas in Data Science Workshop)
- DORMAN: Database Of Reconstructed MetAbolic Networks (IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics)
- Vice-President of Turkish Students Association in Switzerland, Turquia1912 on board since 2018.
- Personal blogger in azimliyazar.blogspot.com, 4m pageviews. (Turkish Only)
I was born in Bursa, Turkey. I had my bachelors in Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey.
I also spent a semester in National University of Singapore, and two lovely summer internships in Žilinská univerzita v Žiline, Slovakia and Koç University, İstanbul, Turkey.